Sunday, April 29, 2012

Words To Inspire; Be Yourself!

When I was thinking earlier in the week about what I would want to post as inspiring words, a quote from Oscar Wilde popped into my head;

Be yourself, everyone else is taken.

I fell in love with this quote the first time I read it. Everyone, at sometime in their life, can relate to the anguish of trying to be something they are not, instead of embracing their own unique qualities.

As I was researching the exact wording of the quote, I came across this article. It's worth a read.

Some final words to go along with both the quote and the article. This is something my husband told me a long time ago when I was fretting over how I appeared in a certain situation  Over the years I have repeated the same words back to him, and him to me.

People care only half as much as you think they do.

Of course the term care in this context can easily be replaced by judge. When it comes to heartfelt concern and the like, I have been in many situations where the care from others has been immense, and thus cherished and appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

Enjoy the dance that is life!

No comments:

Post a Comment