Thursday, August 9, 2012

What Would I Do Without My Students!?!

I love it when my Zumba students tell me about songs they think would make good Zumba routine material. Especially when those songs are from the international pool of music, and not just popular U.S. hits.

Last week one of my Zumba participants told me about a song that was incredibly popular on a cruise to the Mediterranean that she and her family had recently returned from. She said that there would be big dance parties where some of the cruise staff would lead the group in dances (sounds like a familiar format). This particular song sent the crowd wild. And once again, I was reminded...what would I do without my students!?!

Ai Se Eu Te Pego by Michel Telo`.

Its a very catchy song! Here's a translation of the lyrics.

There is also an official dance with a video on YouTube.




I found some other YouTube videos of groups doing similar versions. Some are pretty darn good. Maybe a bit more complicated steps in certain parts. I decided to go with the "official" version, and maybe plug in some of those other steps into other routines since I'm madly in love with sambas and axe` music.

So I worked with the "official" video. Adapted where I felt I needed to (definitely didn't do it in high heels!) and used it in class on Wed. morning.


It was a blast! I can understand why the song and dance have swept through Europe and Latin America!

It will definitely be a repeat.

Thanks for reading. Have fun with the song and video!

Enjoy the dance that is life!



No comments:

Post a Comment