Monday, June 25, 2012

The Angel In The Stone.

 

 

“I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.”


                                                                                                                                                                               

The above is a famous quote by the artist Michelangelo. A Zumba participant told me about the master's famous qutoe the other day. I'm sure I've heard it in the past in passing. Of course this particular student is very eloquent and gave me a much richer version to surround the original quote. I wish I could remember all his words.

Here is something to think about in regards to this beautiful quote;

As teachers, trainers, mentors or what have you, we can seek to release the angel in our students.
As participants and students (especially as ones of life) we can seek to releases the angel within each of us.

Some days perhaps only small chards of marble will be shed. Other days it may be huge chunks.

Whether you are chiseling away on yourself or others, never be discouraged.

For that angel is there, waiting to be released.

Enjoy the dance that is life!

No comments:

Post a Comment