Monday, September 24, 2012

I Get By With A Little Help From My Friends...

Oh I'm a lucky girl surrounded by awesome people!

I've posted lately about breaking down the "Thriller" dance in preparation for Thrill The World Day (TTW).

My friend Melanie has kept me on track with using the right video tutorials.

*Side note; one of these days I'm going to do a post on Melanie's Zumba journey. I remember back in around '08ish telling her about Zumba and how fun it was. "I could never do that. I'm not coordinated enough for that!", are pretty close to her exact words. Now, half the time I'm watching her while I teach for inspiration! She is a beautiful and fierce beast on the Z floor!

Well, last Friday I was breaking down a bit more of the dance right before Zumba class. And I was starting to get those feelings of, "What have I got myself into?". I'm terrible at talking and dancing. So talking through the steps while doing them, while at tempo can definitely get a little dodgy for me!

Lucky for me, an angel named Brittany was in class. She let me know that there was a version of the song that had voice over cuing for the moves that corresponded with the tutorial I was using.

Brittany had emailed it to me by the time I got home. It's loaded and ready to be used this morning.

My 15 year old daughter and I had fun practicing with it last night. Okay, I was practicing the dance, Caitlyn, however, was trying to see if she could Dougie to Thriller. I was going to insert a link to a tutorial on how toDougie, but it became quickly apparent that it was going to be a long search for an explicit language free video. Search at your own risk!

A big thank you to Brittany!

I'm ready to get my Zombie on!

Enjoy the dance that is life!

No comments:

Post a Comment